Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The new me.



Hello my long lost friends. So, I didn't want to write one of those, "I'm Back", post.

The main reason is—I'm not.

Let me clarify.

That guy that was here before is not back. I knew when I wrote my last post that something was about to change with me. My life had gone through some pretty dramatic changes in rapid succession and it took its toll. I had stumbled through a few breaks and came back feeling only slightly recharged each time.

All that said, I think the biggest reason for my absence was that I had no real direction. My only steady goal was that I wanted to be a writer. Stumbling into this with a stubbornness, and admittedly, pigheadedness, that I tend to do things with, got me two books.

I am extremely proud of those books and the third one is coming right around the corner. (For real it is super edited and everything.) The thing is I was not prepared for what it means to be self-published. I learned by doing. There is nothing wrong with that, but the problem was I had no time to process what I'd learned.

So after an amazing, record breaking, burnout, I decided to take time. Not a break, but some real time to figure out what I wanted and where I was going with all of this.

The good news is I have found that. I am really energized and ready to jump back in full force. I have so many cool things in the works and I have missed everyone.

Well, before this gets too long I will cut myself off. I can't wait to get around and see everyone's blogs and what you have been up to.

The future is full of potential and I'm excited.

Talk to everyone soon.

18 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back! Lean and mean writing machine. It's good to see you blogging again. When I finally started blogging again after a 1.5-year break, I felt like I'd found myself again. Go, you!

    Lol, I just realized I must have seen this post about ten minutes after it went live. No, I'm not stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, darn, it would have been cool to have a stalker. I do feel like I have found myself. It has me really excited.

      Delete
  2. It's super edited lol Love it! (and the book!!) Glad you're back and ready to jump in with full force! Do eeeeeeeeet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be your stalker. I have your email address memorized.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandon,

    Sorry, dude, I wont be your stalker! :) I totally understand the burnout situation. The main thing is that you gently get back into the groove, good sir. Welcome back and have fun.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it's cool I can't have everyone. lol Thank you.

      Delete
  5. This sounds incredible. I'd been wondering how you were doing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a long time away, but I really needed it. Good to be back and good to see you again, sir.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you around, whoever, you are. and delighted you have yet another book in the works. Wondered where you had got to Brandon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy, Mr. Ax. I hope everything works out for you. My blogging's been iffy the past 2.75 years or so, off and on, but I have a little bit of traction going now. Best of luck with your new you in the new (and old) world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know how that is. I am glad you found some traction, I hope to find it myself.

      Delete
  8. This sounds wonderful and exactly what you need. Sometimes a break is the best thing we can do - and then we come back with a renewed sense of purpose and it's more clear where we are headed. Congratulations on your two books - and I'm excited to see what else is in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it will take my whole life to know all I can, but every piece is so important.

    ReplyDelete