Thursday, November 2, 2017

IWSG Nov 2017



It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.


So I suck at this. Lol. 

I was for some reason thinking the first was Thursday. I was planning to do a post for IWSG next Wednesday. Oh well better late than never I guess. 



So the question this month is - Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? Have any of them gone on to be published?


Honestly I always plan on doing NaNo, but never get myself into it. Sometimes I have worked on a project in tandem with the contest.  

It is strange because I am writing all the time lately. You would think that I would love to jump in there and use it to push myself, but I most likely will be skipping it again this year. 

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. See you soon.

I also had a question for everyone. What are some ways you have used to promote your books after they come out?

9 comments:

  1. You're not the only one to be caught off guard by an early first Wednesday this month.
    My free short story helps promote my series now. Plus my publisher does a lot of promotions with science fiction cons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Nano last year, and my agent is shopping the resultant MS.

    Cant believe it is November again already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am not doing NANO myself but wishing you luck in your writing whether through NANO or NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never quite grasped what is the point of Nano, but know lots of people who do it religiously every year. However, it is good you are writing all the time and I hope you get lots of ideas for marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since you're writing all the time, I guess you don't really need NaNo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a book out yet so I can't share my personal experiences on promoting books. But from a consumer end, I've found out about a lot of books from contests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think as long as you're writing all the time, that's steady and you'll accomplish as much or more without the stress of NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only done NaNo once, and I'll probably never do it again. that's okay, because I don't need an excuse to push myself. I write every time I have the chance.

    I haven't finished a book yet, so I haven't tried any promotions yet. One day, though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete