Friday, September 12, 2014

Inspiration Friday #1



Well it isn't really number one as I have done it before, but I'd like to do something regular on this blog so I am thinking of making it a bi-monthly ordeal. So here is the first installment of the new Inspiration Friday.


Music is a huge thing for me. I have talked about it before on this blog and I am sure I will again. I was lucky enough to get to go to a concert for my anniversary/birthday. There I got to see AFI, Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars. 

All three were great. As we got there, trying to make our way to the front of the stage, AFI opened the show. 30 Seconds came out next and LP closed the night. 




There is nothing like live music, to feel it moving through you as you stand in a crowd of people, all vibing off the same thing. It is somewhat magical. 




AFI has gotten me through some hard times and if you like rock or rap not many people can say they are not fans of LP. Still for me 30 Seconds to Mars won the night.


I have written to their music multiple times and my wife has been an advocate of theirs for years, but something clicked seeing them live. They really get it. They understand what it means to have fans, to be fans and to see a dream realized. 

Jared Leto is a true front man and the way he works a crowd is amazing. Inspiring. I went home feeling charged. I had to know more about this band and as I started looking things up and seeing Mr. Leto in interviews and hearing him talk about dreams and what it takes to reach that sought after goal. I have to say I was inspired. 

So for this Inspirational Friday I want to highlight the gentlemen of 30 Seconds to Mars and especially their front man Jared Leto as truly inspiring me to go on with this dream of mine. 


Here is a song of theirs about following that dream and going for it with everything you have.




Anyway guys let's see if I can keep this up. As always have fun and keep writing. 

14 comments:

  1. Great lineup for a concert. Music is my life, both listening to it and playing it. Even have a concert this weekend - my band's! That will be very inspiring. And exhausting.
    Cool idea for a regular feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the concert I think we need to see a vid of that :P.

      Delete
  2. Music really is inspiring! That concert looks like it was awesome, glad you guys enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found such inspiration. Always a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of Inspiration Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, now let's see if I can keep up with it.

      Delete
  5. That's a great song and video. Jared Leto is so talented and sooooo gorgeous. Jared Leto, I want you to undress me and make sweet, sweet love to me . . . did I really type that? Yeah, I did, and I mean it. You'll like an older woman, Jared.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I'd love to see all three of those bands live. Particularly AFI.
    Interesting you had a birthday/anniversary celebration. My anniversary was Friday and my wife's birthday was Saturday. (And my birthday is Thursday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours was Aug 3rd and my B-day was the 6th of August. So it was a nice gift. AFI was great. Happy Anniversary/Birthday.

      Delete
  7. Dude! That is a concert I would have LOVED to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love live music of almost any type. We don't often have the time and money to make it happen, but we do try to see as many groups live as possible, just for the experience of it. There's something about seeing the band interact that just takes it all up one level. I'm pretty psyched to have the opportunity to attend a free music festival today and tomorrow that features a whole lot of my favorites. It will be rejuvenating for me.

    Glad to see you'll be blogging again on a regular basis! I've missed your drawings.

    ReplyDelete