Sunday, September 8, 2013
The Next big thing.
This was a doodle I did at my desk about 10 months ago. It, for some reason, got me thinking and a story started developing from it.
A few weeks ago S.K. Anthony was nice enough to tag me in a blog hop called, The Next Big Thing. At the time I was busy releasing Ashes and then the giveaway. So I figured now that time has become a little more free with itself, I would post it. I thought about posting on the next Light Bringer book, but I think, since I am currently writing this story, it may be a good time to share it.
So as per the rules I must now answer ten questions about my WIP. Here we go.
1. What is the working title of your book? - As of now it is called, The Andious Seed.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? - Well as stated above, I like to doodle when I am at my desk, just random things, for w/e reason this one stuck with me. From there I just started free writing and found it very enjoyable to just pull from my head.
3. What Genre does your book fall under? - YA for sure, but maybe UF, maybe just modern fantasy. Genres are tricky.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie version? - I am always reticent to post these. Because one, they are never how I see them in my head and two, I always like the reader to form their own versions of the characters.
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book? - Oh yay, lol. Um...hmm. Adrian is a troubled student who crosses paths with a stranger who tasks him with the job of protecting the last of the world's magic.
6. Will your book be self published or represented by an agency? - Undecided. I have enjoyed SP, but I may go traditional this time. I will know better as I get closer to finishing.
7. How long did it take you to finish the first draft of your manuscript? - I'll let you know when I get it finished, lol. I would have been done with it by now, but I decided to write Ashes first.
8. What other books would you compare this book with in your genre? - Hmm, hard one. Maybe, Harry Potter meets The Vampire's Apprentice.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? - At risk of sounding narcissistic, I guess me. It is a collection of things floating at random in my head.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? - So far I have just had a bunch of fun writing it. I got to be more "out there" with the concepts and playing with the magic system this time has been a joy. It has heart warming characters, humor and action. I think it will find a place in people's hearts.
Well there we go. That was actually fun. So now I have to tag people.
First is, Regarding Sileraxe. He has a lot of cool things going on.
Second is, PK Hrezo.
Third is, Bird's Nest.
Last I figured I'd return the favor, S.K. Anthony, since I know she is currently working on the followup to Kinetic.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed finding out about my book. As always have fun and keep reading.