Monday, December 23, 2013

Starting to branch out.


We all start on this journey at different paths. The thing I like most about blogging are the people I've met here that have given me a new family, at least in my mind. 

When I put out Elemental I was extremely scared and not sure of what to expect. Blogging and its community are some of the things that got me through.

When a good friend of mine finished his children's books he asked advice on what he should do next. The first thing on my lips was, "You have to start a blog."

He knew he wanted to have one since he has several kids books in the works, but wasn't sure when the right time was. 

Well he finally decided the time is now and got his blog up. If you would, I'd love to show him how awesome and supportive this community can be. So pop on over to Annaliese Creations and say hello, maybe give a follow.

So onto the book. Here is a description from Amazon.

Twig loses his place in his family tree when a storm blows through. He is left completely vulnerable and must try his best to make it own his own. As he struggles to fit in with anyone that will accept him, he soon finds himself at the attention of a very scary bird. Will Twig get back home, or will he be alone forever? Inspired by my own personal experience with adoption, this is a heart warming story that penetrates the soul and opens the mind to the possibility of change and the true meaning of family.

The art is fun and the story is moving. This is a great book for children who have been adopted or have issues with fitting in and also just a great story to read your early readers. Here is a link to its Amazon page. TWIG.

Anyway, this will probably be the last post I do before the new year, so Merry Christmas and happy anything else you celebrate this time of year. Hope to see you all again as the new year starts and we all scramble to begin meeting those goals. As always, have fun and keep writing.

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too, man.
    Jamie has a new follower as of this momento. I'm heading over to check him out.
    (did I mention thank you? if not, thank you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Brandon! Nice of you to feature your friend here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visited blog. Followed blog. Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Brandon! I will visit your friend and welcome him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy... holidays! all the bright things and stuff for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for jumping over there. Hope all are having a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. I'll have to check that out. I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas, sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, and same to you, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete