Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks.



So after A-Z I needed a bit of a blogging break and on course with things I have been very sick most of that time. I think I am finally coming out of it and I wanted to post something short, but important here. 


I really wanted to see this movie in theaters. I missed that with my busy schedule and even when it came out to rent or buy I just had so much going on. Luckily, my wife rented it last night and I was able to sit down and watch it. 

The movie is truly great. All the actors filled their roles perfectly and the movie had me from opening credits to end. If it had just given me a few hours of entertainment I would call the film valuable, but for me it did a bit more.

What do we do as writers? We think up something, especially in fiction, and try to make something solid out of it. Ideas. These are what we deal in. What courage it takes to pull this idea from the ether and say, "not only am I going to spend time on it, but I am going to ask people to spend their time and possibly money on it as well." 

This movie sort of set in front of me just how important this job is. Just how important imagination is. And most of all just how far an idea can go.

Anyway, I hope all of you are well. If you have not seen it I recommend it with my highest of approval ratings. As always, have fun and keep writing. 

7 comments:

  1. Caught it a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. Wild to think any of our ideas could catch fire like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this movie when I saw it. I'm glad you finally got to see it, and from the sounds of it, enjoyed it as much as I did.

    M. J.

    Writing Tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you weren't feeling well; glad you're feeling better! Nice to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How miserable to get sick. Seems a lot of bloggers have been unwell during or since the A to Z. Saving Mr. Banks is a movie I want to see. Guess it will be iTunes for me. I love Emma Thompson in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that movie. It will show up on MOVIE WEEKEND.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't seen it. Seems like I most always miss the movies at the theatre and it can take a while for me to then catch them. Glad you got so many messages from it:)

    ReplyDelete